Since the year of 1892, many ministers have given their service willingly as under-shepherds to Griggs Chapel Baptist Church. The first pastor, Rev. S. E. J. Watson served from 1892 - 1894. He was followed by many, including: Rev. S. R. Simmons Rev. Willie Sutton, Rev. Abner Taylor, Rev. John Ayers, Rev. R. T. Simmons, Rev. A. W. Moss, Rev L. H. Harvey, and Rev. F. D. Roe. Rev Roe in 1925 was successful in the relocation of the church from Samuel's Farm (White Rock Lake Area) to its present location. Throughout this time, Griggs Chapel grew spiritually, financially, and physically.
Rev. Roe's pastorate was followed by those of Rev. G. D. Davis, Rev. Evans, Rev. E. S. Cook, Rev. T. H. Wicks, and Rev. Sammie Davis. Under the leadership of Rev. Davis, the structure was renovated in 1962, with the addition of a new wing and educational facilities. The Rev. H. L. Alexander followed Rev. Davis. In 1966, he resigned as pastor, leaving Griggs Chapel without leadership. In 1967, God sent Rev. H. D. Webb, Sr., to be the next pastor. Rev. H. D. Webb, Sr., served until his death in 2007.
In the early years of Rev. Webb's dynamic leadership, additional property was purchased, debts were liquidated, and a building fund program was activated for future expansion. The deacons, trustees, and the pastor secured a ten year mortgage, leading to the erection of the present building. The sanctuary and educational facility was constructed under his leadership and officially dedicated on April 2, 1978. God blessed Griggs Chapel to pay off the loan in four years and nine months, using Rev. Webb to administer a plan to do so. This accomplishment resulted from the divine guidance and obedience to God and the willingness of the membership to follow Pastor Webb's leadership. He is a fervent gospel preacher, teacher, counselor, husband, father, and friend.
Griggs Chapel's historic ground breaking ceremony for a time capsule took place near the cornerstone of the church on December 13, 1992. The time capsule was buried in 1993, containing the church history, Centennial Souvenir Book, and membership memorabilia. It is to be sealed for 50 years, undisturbed until the year 2043.
Rev. Dr. H.D. Webb Sr., gave his life as a offering to God as Pastor of Griggs Chapel Baptist Church for almost 40 years. On March 5, 2007 Pastor Webb was called from labor to reward. We the members of Griggs Chapel shall cherish the memories of this great man, father, leader and teacher. A search for a new leader started and almost three years later February 28, 2010 the church was led by God to call Rev. Ernest Charles Wilson as the new leader to carry the church to the next level.